KLAIPĖDOS MIESTO
SAVIVALDYBĖ
Spausdinti
English
2017 m. gruodžio 17 d., sekmadienis

Biudžetinė įstaiga. Įstaiga įregistruota Juridinių asmenų registre. Įstaigos kodas -188710823
Liepų g. 11, 91502, Klaipėda.
Tel. (+370 46) 396 066, faks. (+370 46) 410 047,
el. p. info@klaipeda.lt, el. p. dokumentams dokumentai@klaipeda.lt



E. PETICIJOS
    Pateikti oficialią peticiją
Naujienlaiškis
Įveskite savo el. paštą ir sužinokite apie mūsų naujienas pirmieji!
Dienos naujienos
Mėnesio naujienos
Pagrindinė grupė
Savaitės naujienos

 

History

1252. Teutonic Knights built the castle of Memelburg at the mouth of the Dane River. Memelburg gave birth to Klaipeda City. Klaipeda became the centre of Kuršas diocese.

1254. Klaipeda was granted Lübeck City Right.

1298. Because of Klaipeda’s instability determined by conflict between Lithuanian and German knights, the bishop of Kursas moved his residence from Klaipeda to Pilten.

1328. According to the agreement of the German Order in Prussia and Livonia, Klaipeda and its surroundings were transmitted to the German Order in Prussia and later became a part of Prussia Duchy and Kingdom.

1455. Klaipeda was occupied by the Samogitians for the first time.

1525. During Reformation in Prussia, a the Lithuanian Church was established. It enabled the Lithuanian community to consolidate beside the German community. Little by little, Klaipeda started to take the traits of a multi-cultural city.

1540. A fire devastated a large part of the city.

1605. The famous German poet Simon Dach was born. In honour of the poet the sculpture of Anicke was put on the square of Theatre and has become the symbol of the Klaipeda city.

1629-1635. Klaipeda was ruled by the Swedes.

1657. The merchants of Klaipeda were granted a privilege to develop the sea trade independently, which enabled the city to develop faster as a port. In the middle of the 17th century new fortifications were established and Klaipeda became a city-fortress.

1757-1762. Klaipeda was ruled by Russia.

1770. Klaipeda lost the status of a city-fortress.

1799. The famous astronomer Friedrich Wilhelm August Argelander was born.

1808. For one year Klaipeda became the capital of the Kingdom of Prussia, the order of abolishment of serfdom was legislated in Klaipeda, major reforms were started in the Kingdom of Prussia.

1812. Russian platoons occupied Klaipeda.

1854. A fire devastated a large part of the city.

1860. The first gimnazium was founded in Klaipeda.

1873. The King Wilhelm’s Channel was constructed. It joined the mouth of river Nemunas and Klaipeda port.

1909. The Teachers’ Seminary was founded.

1919. As stated in the Versailles Agreement, Klaipeda was separated from Germany and placed under the protectorate of the Entente States.

1922. The first private Lithuanian gimnazium was founded in Klaipeda.

1923. Klaipeda was returned to the Republic of Lithuania.

1986. International floating bridge Klaipeda-Mukran was established.

1989. the first non-communist city council was elected.

1991. The University of Klaipeda was founded.

1997. One of the first Free Economic Zones of Lithuania was established in Klaipeda.

 

Movie about Klaipeda - "Let‘s get acquainted – Klaipeda!"

 

Atgal
         
         

© Klaipėdos miesto savivaldybės administracija, biudžetinė įstaiga.
Pasitikėjimo telefonas: (+370 46) 217 888
Sprendimas: IDAMAS